Categories and Rules
The Industry Award
This category is for RCDs owned by companies which have more than 50 employees and over €10 million in turnover/€10 million balance sheet total.
The Small and Emerging Companies Award
This category is for RCDs owned by companies which comply with one of the following conditions:
- Fewer than 50 employees and less than €10 million turnover/€10 million balance sheet total
- Companies established after January 1 2016, regardless of their size
Designs submitted in both categories will be judged on the following criteria:
- aesthetic value and visual appeal
- demonstrable impact on the market
- sound marketing and management of design and other intellectual property rights.
The Lifetime Achievement Award
This category is reserved for individual designers with a significant body of work of aesthetic value, created over the course of a career, which has also had a demonstrable impact on the marketplace. Nominees in this category must currently use or have used the RCD system during their professional careers.